In this post we will have a closer look at Ewen Chia and answer the question: Is Ewen Chia a scam?
Who is Ewen Chia?
He is a guy from Singapore who does affiliate marketing, mainly on ClickBank. He has been in this business for quite a while. So I decided to do some research about him.
Actually, I attended one of his free webinars, but that was before the outbreak of covid-19. I went there because I knew his name. It pops up on the internet now and then and I was curious and understood that he is quite economically successful.
His free webinar
The first thing he did he talked about himself and how he struggled for 5 years before he cracked the code on how to make money online. (this is not so uncommon most of us have the same experience) His appearance was like a big show with a lot of promises on how he could help you too to get rich fast if you follow his formula.
So to make a long story short, when we came to the end of his webinar he swift over from telling us how successful he was to sell his 2-day course on how to make money online. Aha, this was the purpose of his free webinar. The price for the course was $997 but if you act today it is only $497. (this is a selling trick that many so-called “Gurus” use. Act now and you will save a lot of money.) He will never sell a course for $997. It is just BS. You can go back to his offer a few days later and you can still get his course for $497.
Something that also crossed my mind is: If he is so successful and makes millions per year, why sell his formula? It will only increase the competition if more and more people do as he does. I will come to that later in this post.
How is he working today?
Since covid-19 made it difficult for people to assemble in larger crowds, he now does these seminars online by advertising on Facebook and other social media, but the concept is the same. It starts with a free webinar and ends up with a paid course. The picture below is the end of the free seminar but you must decide quickly if you want to be entitled to the discount.
The concept is the same. The course he offers is $997 but if you act within 48 hours you will get a discount of $500. The cost of the course is $497. So his selling method is that you could be happy to save $500. I don’t think anyone will pay $997. It is only a selling trick. If you go back to his page after a few days you will have the same offer. Hmmm?
What is the selling?
I decided to do some research on the internet to see what people who know a little better about his courses said. I must admit that it was difficult to find any real good comments about Ewen Chia’s system but a lot easier to find negative comments. See below. I just copy and paste some of them.
Found on internet
- If you don’t already know, Ewen Chia is pretty well-known for releasing lots of very crappy, scammy-making money programs that do not really work. They all seem to make the same promises: Get rich quick with little to no effort involved.
- I just purchased his course today. What I am regretting now is researching him after the purchase. I have found some very negative comments on him as well like his techniques being outdated and all. To the point, I don’t even want to read his book. I just hope I can at least make enough to cover the amount I invested in this.
- Everything you’ll find in Ewen Chia’s “training” will be at least 3-5 years out-of-date. That may not sound like much, but in internet marketing that’s a VERY big deal. The search engine climate has changed entirely over the past five years. Ewen’s training is COMPLETELY untouched since he launched each of these products. Five years before that, the search engine climate was entirely different.
- As I mentioned above, Ewen has provided a good amount of training on affiliate marketing and email marketing. But after charging $27, this training is very basic and does not provide any in-depth knowledge about affiliate marketing or email marketing. There are many other online platforms like Wealthy Affiliate which are providing free basic training on affiliate marketing.
These were just a few comments from people who have some insight into affiliate marketing. As I said, it was very difficult to find comments that were positive about Ewen Chia. If his courses were so successful there should be a crowd of people who give testimonies about this. But it is quite rare on the internet. Why? No, It is his courses that make him rich.
What I can’t really understand, if he is so successful that he claims to be, earning millions a year, why does he need to sell his “secrets?” Can it be that it is not working so so well anymore, but if he reveals what was working a few years ago he can make money on this by selling his so-called “secrets.” My logical brain can’t get it together.
But honestly, this is a method that is used by a lot of scammers on the internet;
Would I be inclined to recommend Ewen Chia’s affiliate solution? NO. Too many question marks.
Is he a scammer? Maybe legally not, but morally YES!.
He should update himself on how the reality of 2021 affiliate marketing works.
One more concern is that you need to pay upfront. It means that you don’t really know what you get for the $497.
Another concern is that he is playing with people’s feelings that they must act quickly otherwise they will miss out on the $500.
This “SECRET” training is not closing soon, as long as he can get some profit from it.
If you really want to know how to make money online without the feeling of getting scammed, please continue to read.
Are there any options?
If you really want to be successful online, you need to find the right or legit program. In my option, there is only one supreme platform for this and that is Wealthy Affiliate
Why do I say that?
- It gives you thorough affiliate marketing training.
- 24/7 support
- Free to join. Test it before paying anything.
- It has helped people to succeed since 2005
These is just a few reasons why Wealthy Affiliate’s training is supreme. If you want to know more about this platform.
I hope this information has been helpful.
If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below!